Acer Aspire One Notebook consists of various modules. This chapter describes the procedure for the complete notebook disassembly. In addition, in between procedures, the detailed disassembly procedure of individual modules will be provided for your needs.
The disassembly procedure consists of the following steps:
- Battery Module
- Memory Module
- HDD Module
- Wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) Module
- Keyboard Module
- Top Case Module
- Motherboard Module
- FAN Module
- LCD Module Bottom Case
The illustration below shows how to remove the Battery Module.
Remove Battery Module
1. Slide the battery lock to open it. Open the battery latch1 and take the battery away.
The illustration shows how to remove the Keyboard Module form the notebook.
Remove Keyboard Module
1. Open 3 latches on keyboard module by a pair of tweezers.
2. Turn over the keyboard plate and disconnect the keyboard FFC.
Top Case Module
The illustrations below show how to remove and disassemble the Top Case Module of the notebook.
Remove the Top Case Module
1. Remove the two rubber foot pads and the eight securing screws. Remove the three securing screws M2*3 Red callout under the battery pack and remove securing screws M2*5 Green callout.
2. Turn the computer up and disconnect the TouchPad FFC. Next step remove the five securing screws M2*5 Red callout.
3. Release the top case from the hooks around by a plastic blade. Then pry the top case and separate the top case from the bottom case.
The illustrations below show how to remove and disassemble the LCD Module.
Remove the LCD Module
1. Disconnect the LCD cable and remove the antenna cables.
2. Remove the four securing screws from the hinges and take the LCD away.
3. Remove the 6 securing screws M2*5 Green callout.
4. Then pry the LCD bezel and take away the front bezel.
5. Remove the 5 securing screws (M2*4 Red callout) from the LCD Module. Lift up the LCD panel and take it away.
3. Disconnect the LCD cable.
Wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) Module
The illustration below shows how to remove the Wireless LAN Module from the notebook.
Remove Wireless LAN Module
1. Remove 1 screws on Wireless LAN card and pull out the card from its slot.
The illustrations below show how to disassemble and remove the Motherboard Module.
Remove the Motherboard Module
1. Remove 3 securing screws M2*3 Red callout. Disconnect the cable and remove the board.
2. Disconnect the speaker to mainboard cable and remove the securing screw M2*3 Red callout.
3. Take motherboard from the bottom case.
The illustrations below show how to remove the HDD Module from the notebook.
Remove HDD Module
1. Remove 4 screws on HDD module and pull back the HDD to remove it.
2. Remove 4 screws on the both side of HDD housing. Separate the HDD and its housing.
The illustration below shows how to remove the Memory Module from the notebook.
Remove the Memory Module
1. Pry the 2 latches on the memory to pop up the memory. Then remove the memory.
The illustrations below show how to separate the FAN module.
Separate FAN module
1. Disconnect the FAN cable and remove 4 screws M2*3 Red callout. Remove the thermal module.