ASUS ZENFONE 2 (ZE550ML/ZE551ML) consists of various modules. This chapter describes the procedures for the complete ZE550ML/ZE551ML disassembly. In addition, in between procedures, the detailed disassembly procedure of individual modules will be provided for your needs.
The disassembly procedure consists of the following steps:
- Battery Cover Assy
- Middle Case Assy
- Sub Board
- Camera Module
Battery Cover Assy
The illustrations below show how to remove the battery cover from the ZE550ML/ZE551ML.
1. Try to use thumb to pry open the battery cover from the connect port.
2. Open the left side of the battercover.
3. Then, open the top side of the battery cover.
4. Then, use the same way as step 2 to open the right side.
5. Open the upper side.
Middle Case Assy
The illustrations below show how to remove the Middle Case Assy from ZE550ML/ZE551ML.
1. Remove all the screws on the Middle case Assy.
2. Use the finger to fix the battery (1) and lift up the inner case (2).
The illustrations below show how to remove the SUB Board from ZE550ML/ZE551ML.
1. Disconnect the battery connector IO FPC connector and LCD FPC and make sure do not use the metal objects to remove it.
2. Disconnect the RF antenna.
3. Remove Speaker module and tear of the tape on the IO FPC.
4. Disconnect the IO FPC latch then disconnect the IO FPC.
5. Take the SUB board from the device.
6. Then, disconnect the vibrator from the SUB board.
The illustrations below show how to remove the battery from ZE550ML/ZE551ML.
1. Disconnect the IO FPC connector and LCD FPC.
2. Remove the battery from the device.
The illustrations below show how to remove the camera module from ZE550ML/ZE551ML.
1. Remove RF cable from the device.
2. Disassemble the Shielding carefully and tear off the TP FPC mylar which stick on the TP FPC. The below pictures are the sample only. The foil must well attached on the shielding cover.
3. Disconnect the TP FPC latch and then disconnect the TP FPC.
4. Ture over the MB to remove the front/rear camera.
- If the repair process can’t stick back the shielding and foil (below pictures number 1 and 2) please swap the new one.
The illustrations below show how to remove the Main board from the ZE550ML/ZE551ML.
1. Remove the foil from the device. If the repair process needs to remove the foil from the device, please swap the new one.
2. Remove the MB from the device.