Samsung X460 Series Notebook consists of various modules. This chapter describes the procedure for the complete notebook disassembly. In addition, in between procedures, the detailed disassembly procedure of individual modules will be provided for your needs.
The disassembly procedure consists of the following steps:
- Battery Module
- Memory Module
- HDD Module
- Wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) Module
- Keyboard Module
- ODD (Optical Disc Drive) Module
- Top Case Module
- Motherboard Module
- FAN Module
The illustration below shows how to remove the Battery Module.
Remove Battery Module
1. Open the battery latch1, and hold the battery latch2 to take the battery away.
Memory Module and HDD Module
The illustration below shows how to remove the Memory Module and HDD module from the notebook.
1. Remove bottom screws. BLUE : M2 X L4, RED : M2 X L7, YELLOW : M3 X L4.
Remove the Memory Module and HDD Module
1. Pry the 2 latches on the memory to pop up the memory. Then remove the memory. Open the HDD door , pull out HDD FPC and take out the HDD.
ODD (Optical Disc Drive) Module
The illustrations below show how to remove the ODD Module.
Remove ODD Module
Separate ODD by pulling in the arrow.
Top Case Module
The illustrations below show how to remove and disassemble the Top Case Module of the notebook.
Remove the Top Case Module
1. Remove Bottom Screws.
Remove Keyboard Module
2. Push the keyboard in the arrow direction. Lift up the cover of connector connected FPC of keyboard, and then pull out FPC, separate the keyboard.
3. Remove 1 screw and Separate 5 cable. Remove TOP CASE module by lift up.
Wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) Module
The illustration below shows how to remove the Wireless LAN Module from the notebook.
Remove Wireless LAN Module
Disconnect the antennas and remove 1 screws on Wireless LAN card and pull out the card from its slot.
The illustrations below show how to disassemble and remove the Motherboard Module.
Remove the Motherboard Module
1. Remove the fpc between right sub-board and main board. Remove camera cable, lcd cable Separate antenna wire from main board. Remove the hinge+bottom screws at edge side.
2. Separate part of LCD and bottom.
3. Remove screws that settled main board. Separate motherboard from the bottom case.
The illustrations below show how to separate the FAN module.
Separate FAN module
1. Remove 7 screws on the thermal module assy & fan. Disconnect the FAN cable and take the FAN away.
1. Turn the screwdriver in the direction of anticlockwise and open CPU socket.