ASUS Eee Pad Slider SL101 consists of various modules. This chapter describes the procedures for the complete EPAD SL101 disassembly. In addition, in between procedures, the detailed disassembly procedure of individual modules will be provided for your needs.
The disassembly procedure consists of the following steps:
- LCD Module
- LCD Cover
- LCD Touch Panel
- System Assy
- LCD Hinge
- Top Case
- Switch Board
- Main Board
- IO Board
- Camera & Speaker
The illustrations below show how to remove the LCD Module from the EPAD SL101.
1. Lift up to open the EPAD.
2. Remove 5 screws on the LCD hinge.
3. Turn over the LCD module toward the arrow.
4. Remove 2 rubbers and 12 screws on the hinge cover.
5. And then take the hinge cover away.
6. Tear off and lift up to disconnect the LVDS cable.
7. Remove the LCD module away.
1. Remove 6 rubbers and 6 screws on the LCD cover.
2. Use disassembly tool to pry up the 2 sides of the module first.
3. And then continue to pry up the other side of the module.
4. Open the LCD cover and take it away.
LCD Touch Panel
1. Remove 8 screws on the LCD panel.
2. Turn over the GPS board and disconnect the FFC.
3. Tear off the tape and disconnect the touch panel FPC.
4. Tear off 1 tape and then tear off 2 tapes.
5. Disconnect 2 touch panel FPCs.
6. Tear off 1 tape and disconnect the camera FPC and ALS board FFC.
7. Take the touch panel away.
8. Carefully tear off the ALS board and take it away.
9. Pull out the camera module and take it away.
The illustrations below show how to remove the system assy from the EPAD SL101.
1. Remove 4 screws on the LCD hinge.
2. Take the hinge away.
1. Carefully find the power button.
2. Turn off the power button and disconnect the battery cable.
3. Remove 4 rubbers and 4 screws on the top case.
4. Use disassembly tool to pry the side of the top case.
5. Due to the part of the top case sticking on the battery pack, please pry up the 2 sides of the top case carefully when reach the side of the keyboard.
6. Continue to pry up the sides of the top case carefully.
7. Tear off the top case carefully.
8. Use disassembly tool to pry the side of the top case and lift up the top case.
9. Disconnect the keyboard FPC and take the top case away.
1. Remove 2 screws on the battery pack.
2. Lift up to disconnect the battery cable and take the battery pack away.
1. Remove 3 screws on the switch board and disconnect the FPC.
2. Turn over the key board carefully.
3. Disconnect the FFC and take the switch board away.
1. Disconnect the camera FPC.
2. Tear off 1 tape and lift up to disconnect the MB_IO FPC.
3. Take the main board away.
4. Remove 1 screw on the main board and take the bracket away.
5. Below shows the main board.
1. Remove 2 screws on the IO board. Tear off 2 tapes.
2. Disconnect the speaker cable and antenna.
3. Take the bracket away.
4. Lift up to disconnect the IO FPC and take the IO board away.
5. Below shows the IO board.
Camera & Speaker
1. Tear off and remove the camera module.
2. Remove 2 screws on the speaker and take it away.