ASUS EPAD TF700 consists of various modules. This chapter describes the procedures for the complete EPAD TF700 disassembly. In addition, in between procedures, the detailed disassembly procedure of individual modules will be provided for your needs.
The disassembly procedure consists of the following steps:
- LCD module
- SUB Board
- Main Board Module
The illustrations below show how to remove the touch panel module from the EPAD TF700.
1. Lift up the pad to show 2 LCD cover latch.
2. Use tweezers to pull 2 latches toward the arrow direction until show the white arrow inside.
3. Use disassembly tool to pry up the panel carefully.
4. Lift up the LCD module.
5. Push the power button to turn off.
6. Turn over the LCD module.
7. Open the white latch to disconnect the LCD FPC.
8. And then open 2 white latches to disconnect the TP FPC.
9. Take the LCD module away.
The illustrations below show how to remove the SUB Board from the EPAD TF700.
1. Tear off the tape from the SUB board and main board.
2. Remove 4 screws on SUB board.
3. Turn over the sub board, tear off 1 mylar from the cable.
4. Open the brown latch and disconnect the SUB board FPC. Remove the SUB board.
Main Board Module
The illustrations below show how to remove the Main Board Module from the EPAD TF700.
Remove the camera module
1. Remove 2 cameras from the main board.
2. Lift up to disconnect the camera module 8M. Then open the black latch to remove the camera module 2M.
Remove the vibrator
3. Disconnect the vibrator cable. Then tear off the vibrator from the cover.
Remove the main board module
4. Tear off 2 tapes and disconnect the speaker cable.
5. Tear off 1 tape from the screws of main board and battery.
6. Tear off 1 tape from the screw of the main board.
7. Disconnect the speaker cable.
8. Remove 10 screws from main board and dock conn.
9. Turn over the main board.
10. Disconnect the battery cable and remove the main board module.
11. Remove the MIC rubber.
12. Turn over the main board, remove another MIC rubber.
13. Tear off 3 tapes from the FPCS and open the latches to remove the FPCS.
14. Lift up and remove the shielding from the main board.
The illustrations below show how to remove the Battery from the EPAD TF700.
1. Remove 8 screws from the battery.
2. Carefully pry up and tear off the battery from the cover.
3. Remove the battery.
The illustrations below show how to remove the speaker from the EPAD TF700.
Remove the speaker
1. Use disassembly tool pry up and tear off the speaker.
2. Take the speaker away.
Remove the antenna
3. Carefully tear off 2 antennas.
4. Tear off the GPS antenna and WIFI antenna.