ASUS ZENFONE 2 (ZE500CL) consists of various modules. This chapter describes the procedures for the complete ZE500CL disassembly. In addition, in between procedures, the detailed disassembly procedure of individual modules will be provided for your needs.
The disassembly procedure consists of the following steps:
- Battery Cover Assy
- Middle Case Assy
- Sub Board
- Camera Module
Battery Cover Assy
The illustrations below show how to remove the battery cover from the ZE500CL.
1. Try to use thumb to pry open the battery cover from the groove.
2. Open the right side of the battercover.
3. Then, open the top side of the battery cover.
4. Then, use the same way as step 2 to open the left side.
5. Open the upper side.
6. Remove the whole cover.
Middle Case Assy
The illustrations below show how to remove the Middle Case Assy from ZE500CL.
1. Remove all the screws on the Middle case Assy.
The red circle screws size is M1.6*3.2L
The blue circle screws size is M1.6*2.5L
2. Use the finger to fix the battery (1) and lift up the inner case (2).
The illustrations below show how to remove the SUB Board from ZE500CL.
1. Disconnect the battery connector and do not use the metal object to disconnect it.
2. Remove the speaker from the device.
3. Tear of the IO FPC tape and disconnect the IO FPC from the latch.
4. Disconnect the RF cable from SUB Board.
5. Take the vibrator out of the recession and take the SUB board out.
6. Disconnect the vibrator.
7. Disconnect the LCD FPC.
8. Remove the tape which attach on the IO FPC and disconnect the IO FPC from the latch.
The illustrations below show how to remove the battery from ZE500CL.
1. Tear off the LCD FPC.
2. Take the battery tape and pull outward slowly.
3. After removed the battery tape, take the battery out from the device.
The illustrations below show how to remove the Main board from the ZE500CL.
Due to the MB doesn’t include the thermal pad/ and 2 shielding gaskets. Therefore, when you repair process needs to swap MB, please help to order them also. The below red parts show the gasket and thermal pad.
1. Remove the receiver gasket which attached on the camera connector. (Shows as the below orange color).
2. Disconnect the camera FPC.
3. Remove the MB from the device.
4. Remove the RF cable after take the MB out from the device.
The illustrations below show how to remove the camera module from ZE500CL.
1. Remove the thermal foil on the camera.
2. Remove tape from the front camera and disconnect the camera latch.
3. Remove the front camera.
4. Remove the rear camear from the device.