Samsung R518, R520, R522 Series Notebook consists of various modules. This chapter describes the procedure for the complete notebook disassembly. In addition, in between procedures, the detailed disassembly procedure of individual modules will be provided for your needs.
The disassembly procedure consists of the following steps:
- Battery Module
- Memory Module
- HDD Module
- ODD (Optical Disc Drive) Module
- Keyboard Module
- Wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) Module
- Top Case Module
- Motherboard Module
- FAN Module
The illustration below shows how to remove the Battery Module.
Remove Battery Module
1. Open the battery latch1, and hold the battery latch2 to take the battery away.
The illustrations below show how to remove the HDD Module from the notebook.
Remove HDD Module
1. Remove the HDD door. Pull back the HDD and lift up. Remove 4 screws on the HDD housing and separate the hard disk and its housing.
The illustration below shows how to remove the Memory Module from the notebook.
Remove the Memory Module
1. Remove the HDD door. Pry the 2 latches on the memory to pop up the memory. Then remove the memory.
ODD (Optical Disc Drive) Module
The illustrations below show how to remove the ODD Module.
Remove ODD Module
1. Remove 1 screw on the bottom case and pull out the ODD module from the compartment.
The illustration shows how to remove the Keyboard Module form the notebook.
Remove Keyboard Module
1. Remove the Bottom screw. If only keyboard is disassembled, remove only 2 screws which is marked in yellow.
2. Open 3 latches on keyboard module by a pair of tweezers. Lift the keyboard up, and then take the FPC out after lifting the Connector Lock.
Top Case Module
The illustrations below show how to remove and disassemble the Top Case Module of the notebook.
Remove the Top Case Module
1. Remove the speaker cable connector and Separate the Touch Pad.
2. Release the top case from the hooks around by a plastic blade. Then pry the top case and separate the top case from the bottom case. Remove 7 cables (LCD, microphone, DC In, USB sub board, camera, Bluetooth).
The illustrations below show how to disassemble and remove the Motherboard Module.
Remove the Motherboard Module
1. Separate USB Sub board by removing the 2 screw as shown in the picture. After you remove the Hinge Screw gojeongyong Bottom Lift it up and separate the top LCD Assembly.
2. Take motherboard from the bottom case. Remove 1 screws on Wireless LAN card and pull out the card from its slot.
The illustrations below show how to separate the FAN module.
Separate FAN module
- Remove 4 screws on the thermal module assy & fan.
- Disconnect the FAN cable and take the FAN away.