Acer Ferrari One Series Notebook consists of various modules. This chapter describes the procedure for the complete notebook disassembly. In addition, in between procedures, the detailed disassembly procedure of individual modules will be provided for your needs.
The disassembly procedure consists of the following steps:
- Battery Module
- Memory Module
- HDD Module
- 3G Module
- Wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) Module
- Bluetooth Module
- Keyboard Module
- Top Case Module
- Motherboard Module
- CPU Module
- FAN Module
- LCD Module
The illustration below shows how to remove the Battery Module.
Remove Battery Module
1. Open the battery latch1, and hold the battery latch2 to take the battery away.
The illustrations below show how to remove the HDD Module from the notebook.
Remove HDD Module
1. Remove 2 screws on the HDD Cover and remove the HDD cover. Lift up on the black tab to pull the HDD out but do not remove completely. Flip the HDD over to allow access to the HDD cable. Do not pul the HDD out before disconnecting the HDD cable.
2. Grasp the HDD cable connector tab and pull up and remove the HDD cable from the HDD.
3. Remove 4 screws on the HDD housing and separate the hard disk and its housing.
The illustration below shows how to remove the 3G module from the notebook.
Remove 3G Module
1. Remove 3 screws in the Memory Cover. Lift the Memory Cover out from the rear edge.
2. Remove the cables from the 3G module and remove 1 screw from the 3G module. Remove the 3G module.
The illustration below shows how to remove the Memory Module from the notebook.
Remove the Memory Module
1. Pry the 2 latches on the memory to pop up the memory. Then remove the memory.
Wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) Module
The illustration below shows how to remove the Wireless LAN Module from the notebook.
Remove Wireless LAN Module
Disconnect the antennas and remove 2 screws on Wireless LAN card and pull out the card from its slot.
The illustration shows how to remove the Keyboard Module form the notebook.
Remove Keyboard Module
1. Open 4 latches on keyboard module by a pair of tweezers. Pry up the keyboard.
2. Flip the keyboard over and unlock the keyboard cable. Remove the keyboard cable and keyboard.
Top Case Module
The illustrations below show how to remove and disassemble the Top Case Module of the notebook.
Remove the Top Case Module
1. Remove 10 screws in the bottom case.
2. Remove 11 screws in the top case.
3. Unlock the I/O board to main board cable at both ends. Disconnect the I/O board to main board cable at both ends.
4. Pry up the Upper Cover starting from the side and lift away.
The illustration below shows how to remove the Bluetooth Module from the notebook.
Remove Bluetooth Module
1. Disconnect the Bluetooth module to main board cable.
I/O Board Module
The illustration below shows how to remove the I/O Board Module from the notebook.
Remove I/O Board Module
1. Open the locking latch at both ends of the card reader cable connectors. Remove the card reader cable.
2. Disconnect the DC power cable connector from the mainboard. Remove the tape and lift the DC cable out of the cable guide. Remove the tape and lift the DC cable out of the cable guide. Disconnect the DC power cable from the I/O board.
3. Remove 1 screw in the I/O board. Lift the I/O board up by the inner edge and pull away on the angle.
The illustrations below show how to disassemble and remove the Motherboard Module.
Remove the Motherboard Module
1. Disconnect the LCD cable connector.
2. Remove 2 screws from the left and right hinges of the LCD module.
3. Lift away the LCD module and lay it down. Pull the antenna cables free of the chassis, threading the antenna cables through from the bottom side.
4. Disconnect the speaker connector. Remove 1 screw in the main board.
5. Lift out the motherboard from the inside edge.
The illustrations below show how to separate the FAN module.
Separate FAN module
- Remove 5 screws on the thermal module assy & fan
- Disconnect the FAN cable and take the FAN away.
The illustrations below show how to separate the CPU module.
Separate CPU module
1. Using a flat head screwdriver to turn the CPU mounting lock to the OFF position. Lift the CPU out and store carefully.
The illustrations below show how to remove and disassemble the LCD Module.
Remove the LCD Module
1. Remove 2 screw covers. Pry the bezel free at the corner and lift the bezel off the hinge.
2. Pry the bezel free around the panel.
3. Remove 4 screws. Lift the LCD panel out of the LCD module.
4. Pick up the panel and remove 4 screws holding the brackets in place.
5. Pull the vertical foil strip off the microphone cable. Lift up the clear connector protector and disconnect the connector.