ASUS G53 Series Notebook consists of various modules. This chapter describes the procedures for the complete notebook disassembly. In addition, in between procedures, the detailed disassembly procedure of individual modules will be provided for your needs.
The disassembly process consists of the following steps:
- Battery Module
- Keyboard Module
- HDD Module
- Memory Module
- Wireless LAN Module
- ODD Module
- Top Case Module
- LCD Module
- Motherboard Module
The illustration below shows how to remove the battery module.
Remove Battery Module
Open latch 1 and hold the latch 2 when take the battery away.
The illustration shows how to remove the Keyboard Module form the notebook.
Remove Keyboard Module
1. Open 5 latches (ESC, F5, F9, PrtSc and End) on keyboard module by a pair of tweezers.
2. Turn over the keyboard plate and disconnect the keyboard FPC, LED FPC and remove the key board plate.
Remove Keyboard Cable
1. Use a flexible connector tool to unlock the cable connector on both ends.
2. Carefully pull out the keyboard cable with a pair of tweezers.
Top Palm Rest Assy
The illustration shows how to remove the Top Palm Rest Assy form the notebook.
Remove the Top Palm Rest Assy
1. Remove 1 screw on the right corner of the top case front side. Then open the metal hole latch by a screw driver. Disconnect the touch pad FPC. Lift up the top palm rest assy and take it away.
The illustrations below show how to remove the HDD Module from the notebook.
Remove HDD Module
1. Remove 9 screws as below on the top case. Turn over the device and remove the bottom door.
2. Remove 4 screws on both HDD modules. Pull back the HDD and lift up them.
Disassemble the HDD
3. Remove 4 screws on the HDD housing and separate the hard disk and its housing
The illustration below shows how to remove the Memory Module from the notebook.
Remove the Memory Module
Pry the 2 latches on the memory to pop up the memory. Then remove the memory.
Wireless LAN Module
The illustration below shows how to remove the Wireless LAN Module from the notebook.
Remove Wireless LAN Module
Disconnect the antennas and remove 2 screws on Wireless LAN card and pull out the card from its slot.
The illustrations below show how to remove the ODD Module.
Remove ODD Module
1. Remove 1 screw on the bottom case and pull out the ODD module from the compartment.
Top Case Module
The illustrations below show how to remove and disassemble the Top Case Module of the notebook.
Remove the Top Case Module
1. Remove 6 screws on the bottom case. Then pry the hinge cap cover by a plastic blade and remove the hinge cap cover.
2. Remove 2 screws on the hinge cap frame and remove the hinge cap frame. Then remove 6 screws on the LCD hinges and lay down the LCD module.
3. Remove 5 screws on the bottom case and 9 screws on the top case. Then disconnect the power board FPC and hotkey board FPC, speaker cable.
4. Pry the edges of the top case and remove the top case to take it away.
The illustrations below show how to remove and disassemble the LCD Module.
Remove the LCD Module
1. Disconnect the following the cable from the motherboard: LVDS cable, CMOS cable. And release the WLAN antennas from the hole of the motherboard.
Disassemble the LCD Module
2. Remove 2 screws (M2.5*6) on the LCD bezel. Pry the edges of LCD bezel and remove the front bezel.
4. Remove 9 screws on the top bracket and lower bracket. Then remove the 2 brackets.
5. Remove 10 screws on the each LCD hinge brackets. Then remove the LCD panel.
5. Remove 8 screws fixing the hinges and separate the hinges.
The illustrations below show how to disassemble and remove the Motherboard Module.
Remove the Motherboard Module
1. Remove 10 screws on the motherboard and 2 fans. Disconnect the fan cables, HDD FPC, Card Reader cable, Audio USB cable and Bluetooth cable. Remove 2 fans.
2. Remove 2 fans in the bottom case. After that, take away the motherboard from the bottom case.
3. Remove the motherboard from the bottom case.
Disassemble the Motherboard Module
4. Remove 4 screws orderly and remove the VGA thermal. Next, remove 3 screws on the VGA card and pull out the VGA card from its slot.
5. Remove 4 screws on the CPU heat sink orderly. Remove the CPU heat sink