ASUS G55 Series Notebook consists of various modules. This chapter describes the procedure for the complete notebook disassembly. In addition, in between procedures, the detailed disassembly procedure of individual modules will be provided for your needs.
The disassembly process consists of the following steps:
- Battery Module
- Memory 1
- HDD Module
- ODD Module
- Top Case Module
- PWR Board Module
- Remove Keyboard
- LCD Module
- Memory 2
- WLAN (WiFi) Module
- Remove SSD Module
- Remove the thermal Module
- Remove the CPU
The illustration below shows how to remove the battery.
1. Hold the battery latch toward the arrow direction to take the battery away
The illustration shows how to remove the Memory.
1. Remove 2 screws on the HDD door
2. Use disassembly tool pry up the HDD door and take it away.
3. Pull 2 latches here to pop the Memories up at 45 angles, and then pull out the module at that angle.
The illustrations below show how to remove the HDD from the notebook.
1. Remove 3 screws on HDD.
2. Remove the HDD toward the arrow direction and take it away.
3. Remove 4 screws on the HDD bracket.
4. Remove the HDD bracket from the HDD.
The illustration shows how to remove the ODD.
1. Remove 1 screw from the bottom case.
2. Pull out and remove the ODD
Top Case Module
The illustrations below show how to remove and disassemble the Top Case Module.
Remove the LCD hinge cover assy
1. Remove 19 screws on the bottom case.
2. Disconnect the TP FFC & TP button FFC
3. Pry up and remove the hinge cover.
Remove the speaker
4. Lift up and turn over the speaker.
5. Disconnect 2 speaker cables and remove the speaker.
Remove the Top Case Module
6. Disconnect the power switch cable and remove 1 screw on the top case.
7. Use disassembly tool to pry up the 3 sides of the top case.
8. Lift up the top case. Disconnect the KB PCB cable.
9. Lift up the top case and remove it away.
Remove the PWR Board
10. Tear off 2 tapes from the PWR switch board.
11. Remove 2 screws from the switch board and take it away.
Remove the KB connector Board
13. Remove 1 screw from the KB connector board. Disconnect the 2 KB FFCs.
14. Carefully pry up the board and tear off the board.
15. Disconnect the KB PCB cable from the KB connector board
Remove the keyboard from top case
23. Tear off 1 mylar from the top case.
24. Remove 39 screws on the top case.
25. Tear off the keyboard from the top case.
The illustrations below show how to remove and disassemble the LCD Module of the notebook.
Removing the LCD Module
1. Remove 4 screws from the LCD hinges.
2. Disconnect the 4 cables and remove screws from the hinges.
3. Release the cables and remove 5 screws from the LCD hinges.
4. Disconnect the antenna cables and CMOS cable and emitter cable.
5. Disconnect the LVDS cable and remove 1 screw and release the cable.
6. Lift up and remove the LCD module.
Removing the LCD bezel
7. Remove 2 rubber pads and 2 screws on LCD front bezel.
8. Pry the edges softly to separate LCD front bezel from LCD panel and take it away
Removing the LCD panel
9. Remove 11 screws from the LCD bracket.
10. Remove 3 screws from the brackets and release the cables out of the latches.
11. Lift up the LCD panel and remove the LCD bracket BTM.
12. Remove the LCD panel.
13. Remove 4 screws on each LCD bracket.
14. Tear off 1 tape.
15. Disconnect the LVDS cable.
The illustration below shows how to remove the memory from the notebook.
1. Pull 4 latches here to pop the Memories up at 45 angles.
WLAN (WiFi) Card
The illustration below shows how to remove the WLAN from the notebook.
Remove WLAN card
1. Remove 2 screws from the WLAN card.
The illustrations below show how to disassemble and remove the Motherboard Module.
Remove the Motherboard Module
1. Remove 2 screws from the LED LENS.
2. Remove the LED LENS
3. Remove 2 screws from the bracket and take it away.
4. Remove 7 screws from the main board.
5. Carefully take the main board away.
Remove the SSD
6. Remove 1 screw from the SSD.
Remove the thermal assy
8. Disconnect 2 thermal fan cables.
9. Remove 11 screws from the thermal module.
10. Remove the thermal module.
Remove the CPU
11. Turn the non-removable screw here 180 degrees counter-clockwise to loosen the CPU. Take the CPU away.