ASUS G75 Series Notebook consists of various modules. This chapter describes the process for the complete notebook disassembly. In addition, in between procedures, the detailed disassembly procedure of individual modules will be provided for your needs.
The disassembly procedure consists of the following steps:
- Memory 1
- ODD (optical drive disk)
- Top Case Module
- LCD Module
- WLAN (WiFi) Module
- Memory 2
- Remove the BIOS battery
- Remove the VGA board
- Remove the CPU
The illustration below shows how to remove the battery.
1. Hold the battery latch toward the arrow to take the battery away.
The illustration shows how to remove the Memory.
1. Remove 1 screw on the main door.
2. Use disassembly tool pry up the main door and take it away.
3. Remove the memory.
4. Pull 2 latches here to pop the Memories up at 45 angles, and then pull out the module at that angle.
The illustrations below show how to remove the HDD from the notebook.
1. Remove two HDDs.
2. Remove 2 screws on each HDD.
3. Pull the 2 HDD toward the arrow direction to disconnect the HDD from the CONN.
4. Lift up and remove the 2 HDDs.
5. Remove 4 screws on the HDD bracket.
6. Remove the HDD bracket from the HDD.
The illustration shows how to remove the ODD.
1. Remove 1 screw on the ODD.
2. Pull out and remove the ODD
Top Case Module
The illustrations below show how to remove and disassemble the Top Case Module.
Remove the LCD hinge cover assy
1. Remove 23 screws on the bottom case.
2. Turn over the LCD hinge cover assy.
3. Disconnect the speaker cable and take the LCD hinge cover assy away.
Remove the Top Case Module
4. Remove 6 screws on the LCD hinges and top case.
5. Turn over the LCD module.
6. Pry up the top case.
7. Lift up the top case. There have 5 FFCs connect with the main board.
8. Disconnect the touchpad button FFC and TP FFC and keyboard FFCs.
9. Disconnect the PWR FFC. And then remove the top case module.
The illustrations below show how to remove and disassemble the LCD Module of the notebook.
Removing the LCD Module
1. Disconnect the emitter cable and LVDS cable.
2. Tear off 2 tapes on the cables.
3. Disconnect the antenna cable and CMOS cable. And remove 1 screw.
4. Well done as below. And take the LCD module away.
Removing the LCD bezel
5. Remove 6 rubber pads and 6 screws on LCD front bezel.
6. Pry the edges softly to separate LCD front bezel from LCD panel and take it away.
Removing the LCD support bracket
7. Remove 8 screws from the LCD support bracket.
8. Remove the LCD support bracket.
9. Remove 2 screws on LCD support bracket and take it away.
Removing the LCD panel
10. Remove 6 screws on LCD hinges.
11. Tear off the tapes to release the cables.
12. Turn over the panel.
13. Disconnect the LVDS cable.
14. Remove 4 screws on each LCD hinge.
WLAN (WiFi) Card
The illustration below shows how to remove the WLAN from the notebook.
Remove WLAN card
1. Remove 2 screws from the WLAN card.
2. Remove WLAN card.
The illustration below shows how to remove the memory from the notebook.
1. Pull 4 latches here to pop the Memories up at 45 angles.
The illustrations below show how to disassemble and remove the Motherboard Module.
Remove the thermal fan
1. Remove 1 screw from the fan door.
2. Remove the fan door.
3. And then remove the mesh.
4. Remove 3 screws on the thermal fan.
5. Disconnect the fan cable and take the thermal fan away.
6. Tear off 1 tape on the speaker cable and remove the cable. Remove 3 screws from another fan.
7. Disconnect the fan cable and take the thermal away.
Remove the Motherboard Module
8. Disconnect the USB cable.
9. Disconnect the audio cable.
10. Remove 1 screw from the main board.
11. Carefully take the main board away.
12. Disconnect the BIOS battery.
Remove the thermal VGA assy
13. Remove 4 screws on the thermal VGA assy.
14. Take the thermal assy away.
Remove the VGA board
15. Remove 5 screws from the VGA board. And then take it away.
Remove the thermal CPU assy
16. Remove 4 screws from the thermal CPU assy.
17. Remove the thermal CPU assy.
Remove the CPU
Turn the non-removable screw here 180 degrees counter-clockwise to loosen the CPU. Take the CPU away.