ASUS U36 (U36J, U36JC, U36SD, U36SG) Series Notebook consists of various modules. This chapter describes the procedure for the complete notebook disassembly. In addition, in between procedures, the detailed disassembly procedure of individual modules will be provided for your needs.
The disassembly procedure consists of the following steps:
- Battery Module
- Memory Module
- Top Case Module
- Keyboard Module
- HDD Module
- IO Board Module
- Motherboard Module
- LCD Module
The illustration below shows how to remove the battery module.
Remove Battery Module
1. Open the battery latch1, and hold the battery latch2 to take the battery away.
The illustration shows how to remove the Memory Module.
Remove Memory Module
1. Remove 1 screw here and take the DDR door away.
2. Pull two latches here to pop the Memory module up at 45 angles, and then pull out the module at that angle.
Top Case Module
The illustrations below show how to remove and disassemble the Top Case Module.
Remove the Top Case Module
1. Remove 6 screws on the bottom case. And then remove 4 rubbers.
2. Remove 4 screws here.
3. Tear off 2 tapes on FFC. And then disconnect 2 FFCs.
4. Disconnect the keyboard FPC.
5. Use disassembly tool to pry up the top case and take it away.
The illustrations below show how to remove and disassemble the Keyboard Module.
Remove the Keyboard Module
1. Tear off 3 tapes and disconnect 2 FFCs.
2. Tear off the mylar on the top case.
3. Remove 12 screws on the keyboard.
4. Take the keyboard away.
The illustrations below show how to remove the HDD Module from the notebook.
Remove HDD Module
1. Tear off the tapes on the HDD.
2. Remove 5 screws here. And then take the HDD away.
3. Remove 4 screws on HDD bracket.
IO Board Module
The illustration below shows how to remove the IO Board Module from the notebook.
Remove I/O Board Module
1. Remove 1 screw on the I/O Board and remove it toward the arrow.
2. Turn over the IO Board and disconnect the antennas and take the IO Board away.
3. Remove 2 screws on Wireless LAN card and pull out the card from its slot.
The illustrations below show how to disassemble and remove the Motherboard Module.
Remove the Motherboard Module
1. Tear off the tape and disconnect the LVDS cable and CMOS cable.
2. Tear off 2 tapes and remove 22 screws.
3. Remove the main borad and turn it over. Disconnect the speaker cable and take the main board away.
4. Tear off the tape and disconnect the fan cable. Turn it over and remove 6 screws.
5. Tear off the tapes on the 2 sides of the thermal module. And then spearate the fan from the thermal assy.
The illustrations below show how to remove and disassemble the LCD Module of the notebook.
Removing the LCD Module
1. Remove 2 screws here.
2. Remove the LCD module from the bottom case.
3. Remove 6 rubber pads and 6 screws on LCD front bezel.
4. Pry the edges softly to separate LCD front bezel from LCD panel and take it away.
5. Remove 5 screws on each hinge and take it away.