ASUS MeMO Pad HD 7 (ME173X) consists of various modules. This chapter describes the procedures for the complete EPAD ME173X disassembly. In addition, in between procedures, the detailed disassembly procedure of individual modules will be provided for your needs.
The disassembly procedure consists of the following steps:
- Cover Module
- Main Board Module
- LCD Module
The illustrations below show how to remove the Cover Module from the EPAD ME173X.
1. Use disassembly tool to pry down the LCD bezel.
2. Remove the LCD bezel frame toward the arrow.
3. The following show the back cover module.
Main Board Module
The illustrations below show how to remove the Main Board Module from the EPAD ME173X.
1. Disconnect the battery connector.
2. Disconnect the touch FPC and LCD FPC.
3. Remove the speaker connector and GPS antenna.
4. Remove the side key FPC.
5. Disassemble 5 screws on the main board.
6. The following shows the main board module.
The illustrations below show how to remove the Battery from the EPAD ME173X.
1. Remove the speaker.
2. There are gaps between battery and cover as below red mark show.
3. Use plastic blade to plug into the gap.
4. Make sure to remove the battery carefully do not over bended the battery.
5. After removed the battery, pleasedo the visual inspect the battery. If the appearance of the battery is damaged, please do not use it. The below examplesshows the battery can’t be used.
The illustrations below show how to remove the LCD Module from the EPAD ME173X.
1. Remove the GPS antenna.
2. The following shows the LCD module.