ASUS ZenFone 4 (A400CG) consists of various modules. This chapter describes the procedures for the complete unit disassembly. In addition, in between procedures, the detailed disassembly procedure of individual modules will be provided for your needs.
The disassembly procedure consists of the following steps:
- Battery cover
- Rear Cover
- Main Board
- Camera module
- LCD Module
The illustrations below show how to remove the battery cover from the unit.
1. There is a groove on the lower corner of the phone; use the thumb to open the battery cover left side. (Start from below red trace).
2. Then use the same way as step 1 to open the down side.
3. Open the upper side.
4. Remove the battery cover and do not damage the power key and volume key.
The illustrations below show how to remove the battery from the unit.
1. Make sure the unit is powering off, and then use your hand remove battery from below red location.
2. Then remove the battery.
The illustrations below show how to remove the Rear Cover from the unit.
2. There are 4 latched on the rear cover. Release first latch on the rear cover on the left side.
3. Release the second latch.
4. Check the down side of the rear cover if it is separate. (no latch).
5. Release the third and the forth latch.
6. Take off the rear cover.
The illustrations below show how to remove the Main board from the unit.
1. Remove the vibrator connector.
2. Remove the sticker (PCB capton) on the LCD connector by tweezers.
3. Release the LCD connector and then take off the LCD FPC cable.
4. Release the touch connector. and then take off the touch FPC cable.
5. Raise the left side of Main Board and then take off the Main Board.
The illustration below shows how to disassemble Rear and front Camera module.
1. Remove the sponge (PCB_Conn_Poron 1.55T) on the front camera connector by tweezers.
2. Raise the front camera connector.
3. Remove the front camera module.
1. Take off the sponge (PCB_Conn_Poron 1.55T) on the rear camera connector by tweezers.
2. Raise the rear camera connector.
3. Remove the rear camera module.
The illustration below shows the LCD module which doesn’t need to remove other key part.
1. Raise the vibrator gasket on LCD module, and then take off the vibrator.