MSI GE60 Series Notebook consists of various modules. This chapter describes the procedure for the complete notebook disassembly. In addition, in between procedures, the detailed disassembly procedure of individual modules will be provided for your needs.
The disassembly procedure consists of the following steps:
- Battery Module
- Memory Module
- HDD Module
- Wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) Module
- Keyboard Module
- ODD (Optical Disc Drive) Module
- FAN Module
The illustration below shows how to remove the Battery Module.
Remove Battery Module
1. Open the battery latch1, and hold the battery latch2 to take the battery away.
The illustrations below show how to remove the HDD Module from the notebook.
Remove HDD Module
1. Remove the 4 screws (M2.5*5mm). Then remove the Bottom door.
2. Remove 4 screws on HDD module. Pull back the HDD and lift up. Remove 2 screws on the HDD housing and separate the hard disk and its housing.
The illustrations below show how to separate the FAN module.
Separate FAN module
1. Remove the 3 screws(M2.5*4mm) and FAN cable, after that remove the Fan. Remove the 8 screws (M2.5*4mm), after that remove the thermal module.
Memory Module and Wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) Module
The illustration below shows how to remove the Memory Module and Wireless LAN Module from the notebook.
Remove the Memory Module
- Pry the 2 latches on the memory to pop up the memory. Then remove the memory.
Remove Wireless LAN Module
- Disconnect the antennas and remove 1 screws on Wireless LAN card and pull out the card from its slot.
ODD (Optical Disc Drive) Module
The illustrations below show how to remove the ODD Module.
Remove ODD Module
1. Remove 1 screw on the bottom case and pull out the ODD module from the compartment.
The illustration shows how to remove the Keyboard Module form the notebook.
Remove Keyboard Module
1. Remove the Keyboard Upper cover. Remove 5 Screws (M2*4mm), Then remove Keyboard.