Samsung NC10 Series Netbook consists of various modules. This chapter describes the procedure for the complete notebook disassembly. In addition, in between procedures, the detailed disassembly procedure of individual modules will be provided for your needs.
The disassembly procedure consists of the following steps:
- Battery Module
- Memory Module
- HDD Module
- Wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) Module
- Keyboard Module
- Bottom Case Module
- Motherboard Module
- FAN Module
- LCD Module
The illustration below shows how to remove the Battery Module.
Remove Battery Module
1. Open the battery latch1, and hold the battery latch2 to take the battery away.
The illustration below shows how to remove the Memory Module from the notebook.
Remove the Memory Module
1. Remove the DOOR-MEMORY. Pry the 2 latches on the memory to pop up the memory. Then remove the memory.
Bottom Case Module
The illustrations below show how to remove and disassemble the Bottom Case Module of the notebook.
Remove the Bottom Case Module
1. Remove the bottom screw. IF only keboard is disassembled, remove only 3 bottom screws (green mark).
2. Open 3 latches on the keyboard module by a pair of tweezers. Lift the Keyboard up, and then take the FPC out after lifting the Connector Lock.
3. Separate the bottom case module (LAN Connector side first) by widening the gap between the bottom case and the TOP. Be careful not to make scratch in the gap using a wooden-driver.
The illustrations below show how to remove the HDD Module from the notebook.
Remove HDD Module
1. Remove 1 screws on HDD module. After removing the Screw for fixing HDD remove the insulator by lifting the HDD up to about 70 degrees direction.
Wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) Module
The illustration below shows how to remove the Wireless LAN Module from the notebook.
Remove Wireless LAN Module
Disconnect the antennas and remove 1 screws on Wireless LAN card and pull out the card from its slot.
The illustrations below show how to disassemble and remove the Motherboard Module.
Remove the Motherboard Module
1. Remove the Bluetooth, Camera Cable, LCD cable, Speaker cable, Mic CONN., Power S/W CONN, Touch-Pad FPC and disassemble the W/L Antenna Cable. Remove 2 Screw which fixes the Motherboard and then separate Motherboard from TOP case.
The illustrations below show how to separate the FAN module.
Separate FAN module
1. Remove 3 screws (SCREW M2*4L) on the thermal module assy & fan. Disconnect the FAN cable and take the FAN away.
The illustrations below show how to remove and disassemble the LCD Module.
Remove the LCD Module
1. Remove the both sides of Screw, which fasten the Hinge and the TOP case. Stand the Top Ass’y in a vertical direction and separate the Top Ass’y from the LCD.
2. Remove 4 screw and remove the both sides of Hinge Cover.
3. Remove 4 screw and separate the Hinge and the LCD-Panel as shown in the picture. When you separate the Hinge, remove the Hinge after lifting the LCD-Panel up.