SAMSUNG R510, R509, R508, R505, R503 Series Notebook consists of various modules. This chapter describes the procedure for the complete notebook disassembly. In addition, in between procedures, the detailed disassembly procedure of individual modules will be provided for your needs.
The disassembly procedure consists of the following steps:
- Battery Module
- Memory Module
- HDD Module
- Wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) Module
- Keyboard Module
- ODD (Optical Disc Drive) Module
- Top Case Module
- Motherboard Module
- FAN Module
- LCD Module
- Bottom Case
The illustration below shows how to remove the Battery Module.
Remove Battery Module
1. Open the battery latch1, and hold the battery latch2 to take the battery away.
The illustrations below show how to remove the HDD Module from the notebook.
Remove HDD Module
1. Remove 2 screws and pull back the HDD and lift up. Remove 4 screws on the HDD housing and separate the hard disk and its housing.
The illustration below shows how to remove the Memory Module from the notebook.
Remove the Memory Module
1. Pry the 2 latches on the memory to pop up the memory. Then remove the memory.
ODD (Optical Disc Drive) Module
The illustrations below show how to remove the ODD Module.
Remove ODD Module
1. Remove 1 screw on the bottom case and pull out the ODD module from the compartment.
The illustration shows how to remove the Keyboard Module form the notebook.
Remove Keyboard Module
1. Remove 23 Screw on bottom case. (Only replace the keyboard, Remove 2 screws circled in red)
2. Open 3 latches on keyboard module by a pair of tweezers. Turn over the keyboard plate and disconnect the keyboard FPC and remove the keyboard plate.
Top Case Module
The illustrations below show how to remove and disassemble the Top Case Module of the notebook.
Remove the Top Case Module
1. Separate 3 CABLE from TOP case module.
Wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) Module
The illustration below shows how to remove the Wireless LAN Module from the notebook.
Remove Wireless LAN Module
1. Disconnect the antennas and remove 1 screws on Wireless LAN card and pull out the card from its slot. After remove LCD cabel and Bluetooth cable.
The illustrations below show how to disassemble and remove the Motherboard Module.
Remove the Motherboard Module
1. Remove 1 ,2 screw and separate LCD module.
2. Remove Dummy Card in the direction of arrow. Lift up Motherboard following direction.
The illustrations below show how to separate the FAN module.
Separate FAN module
1. Remove 8 screws (SCREW M2*3L) on the thermal module assy & fan. Disconnect the FAN cable and take the FAN away.
The illustrations below show how to remove and disassemble the LCD Module.
Remove the LCD Module
1. Remove rubber-LCD-Cap & Screw on the LCD front. Separate LCD Front by twisting inside to outside like picture.
2. Remove 4 screw in the Hinge and 1 screw on inverter board. Separate Hinge and LCD-Panel like picture.
3. Remove LCD cable and inverter cable.