If you are starting to repair the device for the first time, pay attention to this tutorial — First time repairing
To disassemble dualshock 4 you’ll need PH0 screwdriver and plastic spudger.
Note that this disassembly of DualShock 4 CUH-ZCT1E is the first version of DualShock 4 and the disassembly process may be different from the controller of the second version of DualShock 4.
Remove 4 screws from the bottom of gamepad.
Pry up gamepad case near earphones port.
Next you’ll need to pry up the case near left and right triggers.
And now remove bottom case of ps4 gamepad.
While removing bottom case you need to remove backlight ffc cable.
Battery replacement in PlayStation 4 GamePad
Disconnect the dualshock 4 controller battery by pulling the battery cable up. Now remove gamepad battery.
Replace sticks on PS4 gamepad
Next remove battery securing area.
Unscrew the screw that fixes the main board of the ps4 controller, and also disconnect the cable from the main board of dualshock 4 and remove the main board of the gamepad ps4.
At this point, you can remove or replace sticks on ps4 gamepad.
Repair of buttons DualShock 4
Clean main board with cotton swabs.
If some button don’t react push each time you can try to recover its functionality with graphite pencil. This method in most cases helps, but not always.
Now start to assemble gamepad
- Place main board to its place in the case.
- Connect touchpad cable to main board.
- Secure the board with screw.
- Now place battery securing area on main board.
- Place battery to securing area and connect it to main board.
- Connect backlight cable to main board. Take attention the way that cable must be connected, if it be connected upside down backlight won’t work.
- Gamepad bottom case must be installed starting from upper edge, where left and right triggers placed.
- Now check if something would interrupt snaping of bottom edge of gamepad case, if there’s not – snap it.
- Now when gamepad case fully closed check if gamepad works by pushing PS button and watching backlight indicator.
- If its all right secure case by tighten screws.